Sunday, February 17, 2013

Yankee Stadium Week 28

Hey guys!

So the area is AWESOME!!! I love it so much! It is so crazy and busy and new and exciting! Totally different from home and Poughkeepsie. We went to church on Sunday and it was the first time in my life that I had ever been the minority. haha I love the people though and it is fun trying to figure out how to get around by subway and bus. Our apartment is super cool it is pretty nice and super clean (which is hard to come by in a mission) only because it has only had missionaries living in it for a week. It is a 5 minute walk from Yankee Stadium so it is cool to walk past it every day to get to the subway. My new companion Elder Holzer is a great guy. I can't remember if I told you but I had served around him up in my last zone. He is a little socially awkward but I love him and he is SUCH A HARD WORKER! It is great for me to finally be with someone again who wants to work hard.

So what does it mean to be a bus attendant? What exactly is Spencer doing? You said he did a route but he isn't driving them is he? That is scary to hear about Cara hopefully everything is alright with her! So I already got the Valentines package. Thank you for sending it! Momma D. thank you so much for yours as well! You all saved my life! haha We were all starving because they had just moved we didn't have any food in our apartment so it was good to get a little more! :) Needless to say we did a bunch of shopping today!

So on Wednesday we got a special training from the guys who wrote Preach My Gospel. It was super good and only about 40 of us got the training. They are testing out some new things and they chose us to be the guinea pigs. I am so glad we got to go to it. Spencer when you see the District 2 movies watch for the Mission President he is in the episode about "going heaven-ward". He was the one to give my group the training. The training was such a success that they decided to do it the following day as well for a few other missionaries. Some missionaries from the first day went the following day and said it wasn't as good because they had already cut some stuff out. I was so lucky to have been able to go the first day!

Thanks for all that you guys do! I will talk to you next week! Love you all! I'll try and send pictures next time.
Elder Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment