Saturday, September 21, 2013

New Apartment Week 58

Hey Family,
So this past week was pretty good. We finally got all moved in and are all situated in the new apartment. Now I'll probably have to pack again in another 3 weeks. Woo.... hoo.... haha So I got a prescription cream from the doctor and Elder Alivio got an ointment from him as well. He said it should go away very soon. We both got your packages on Sunday. Thank you for sending those. The socks work great by the way! Elder Alivio was very excited to get the peaches and the pin. He wrote you guys a letter. You should be getting it today or tomorrow. You guys are going to like it. He made me pre-read it for errors but there were too many to fix all of them so I just helped him with grammar so that things kind of made sense.
Thats not a bad time. Thats just a little slower than what he ran at American Fork. Has he still been feeling very healthy (aside from the sinus infection)? I always found that if I just kept working out through the small illnesses the better I felt. I guess even though I am on the other side of the country as you it doesn't stop me from getting sinus infections the same time you guys do. Mine just started yesterday. Hopefully it won't get too bad I don't wanna call the Dr. and ask for a prescription, he isn't a very easy person to talk to.
So I don't know if you guys heard anything from the churchwide broadcast about 3 or 4 months ago on missionary work but they said that the missionaries around the world would soon be getting I-pads to proselyte with. So this past week we found out that before Christmas every missionary in our mission will have an I-pad mini and each companionship will have an I-phone as well. We will be using the I-pads to proselyte on Facebook with our investigators and people we meet. We will also be able to skype, and facetime, and blog, and tweet, and whatever other things we can to advertise the church more. It will be very interesting. All of the Zone Leaders and the Sister Training Leader's are already starting to use Facebook just on the computers at the church. The mission is going to completely change very soon. The church wants us to use all of our old accounts for Facebook and things so the Zone Leader's have been trying to edit and clean up their accounts so that they are missionary approved. Elder World and Elder Hall keep telling us that it is pretty hard to do and takes a ton of time. It is exciting to be having all of these changes happening.
So I wanted to go down and see the Freedom Tower and 9/11 Memorial today but none of us were allowed to go down there. I can't believe it has been 12 years since it happened. I also can't believe it has been a full year since I have been out. It feels like just a month or so ago that I was with Elder Nevarez and it was 9/11. Time goes by way too fast.
That is exciting news to hear from Staci!! I can't wait to hear more!!  Again time goes by way too fast. I can't believe I'll have to miss this one as well!
This past week we visited a less-active family who had their 9 year old son in the hospital with leukemia. They are from the Yonker's ward so I had never met them but we were asked to go give the son a blessing. It was hard to see and I couldn't help but be reminded of Spencer being in the hospital. He was in a lot of pain from the IV's they had him hooked up to and was nervous for the surgery that he was getting ready to have. They put a tube into one of his veins leading almost directly to his heart. The tube dangles from his chest so that they can hook him up to dialysis a lot easier and so that he can get the platelets he needs. This is the 5th procedure he is having to try and get rid of it and he has scars all over from all the past attempts to get rid of it. This is a new procedure and he will be like the 20th child to try it. The parents have lost a lot of hope and trust in the Lord. It was quite the experience giving him a blessing and feeling the peace that came over him and his family. I have never felt the Savior's love more. It made me think about you Mom and Dad and I wanted to know how you both made it through. I also wanted to know how Spencer was able to be so brave through everything. It really helped me be able to relate to the family and comfort them a little having had the experience with Spencer. The boy really hated having to have tape on his body because it hurt to take it off. Come to find out they still use the orange stuff to help and the boy is very ticklish. So with a little tickling and some orange stuff we helped get his tape off. It was definitely quite the experience.

Anyways I gotta run. Have a great week ya'll! Love Ya!

Elder Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment